Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Remember


This commercial touched my heart, it plays on the heart string of people. A great use of Pathos, to create an interest for the viewer. I can say that the message it sends is very powerful and very true. Teachers just like the one in this commercial is exactly what every student needs, to be there for the students when they have a rough time, and when they really need someone to help them is the mind set a really good teacher should have.

This commercial reminds me a lot of my mother who teaches kids that have difficulties at home and can really focus in school because of problems in other aspects of life. And her old students often comes by our house for dinner and such, especially one who really was out on thin ice, and with my moms help she turned things around. Today she runs her own gym and she is still in touch with my mom.

I believe that this commercial not only sends a fantastic message but also gives people who are studying to become teachers something to think about, almost a path to follow when it comes to their interest in their students success.

I also really liked the way the shoot it, the close ups and angles they used really created tension to the image and also brought the eyes to what the director wanted us to focus on. In a certain scenario the phone and in another the tears in his sister's eye.

More commercials should be shoot like this!

///Sebastian

1 comment:

  1. Sebastian, this is a really touching commercial and it's awesome to hear that you're mom has this kind of impact on her students! Hopefully, in some small way, I impact a student from time to time!

    Thanks for sharing it with me!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete