Saturday, February 4, 2012

Emotional Commercial

I just found a very sad commercial made in England, however it is a really good commercial due the fact that it really sends a powerful message.

The fact that the European commercials can send more of a message is because they are generally longer and do not have the visual restrictions as the ones made in America.
What I really liked about this one is the effects they use, it is not to unreal, they really managed to keep the stories true feeling by nor having to many special effects. It is also very up to date, texting and driving is becoming more ans more common since phones nowadays are with people all the time and what ever they are doing.

The only part I had an issue with was when they showed the baby in the car it just became to real, and since I know they shoot this commercial to gain attention to this important issue I felt that they crossed an ethical line by using that.

One thing I hope to never do is to cross my own ethical lines while creating ads and commercial. However, I am sure I will cross someone else's due to the fact that every person in the world has different beliefs and values.

///Sebastian

1 comment:

  1. I have seen this PSA before. It is truly powerful. Interesting that we can show crimes on shows like Criminal Minds and Law & Order but can't show things like this in the U.S.!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete